Let’s suppose the following scenarios:
Scenario 1: You are sipping your coffee on the sofa, and your toddler gives a tad nudge to your hand, and the coffee spills on your expensive carpet! You try to be mindful of your words and control the displeasure by being composed, but you still have got coffee stains on your favourite carpet.
Scenario 2: You have called your friends over to celebrate your anniversary. The evening looks beautiful with the music, the baked cookies’ aroma, the cake, jitters, laughter, and more. Just when you thought perfection couldn’t get any better, your clumsy friend spills some red wine on your expensive beige carpet.
In both scenarios, you must act immediately to minimise the damage. Leaving the spilt beverage can stain the carpet on deeper levels. You could call for professional cleaning London services like us. Besides that, we’re here to help you with these useful DIYs to try at home.
To clean coffee stains from the carpet
- If your carpet fabric is washable, then clean the area with water. This should take away most of the coffee parts from the carpet, diminishing the stain.
- Repeat the cleaning with a towel or tissue roll to minimize the coffee parts.
- Since all coffee except decaf is acidic, you would need a stain remover that is acidic. Vinegar can act as a great acidic stain remover.
- If the coffee has milk components, you can clean it with a protein stain spotter.
- After applying either of the products, clean the area with a sponge. Repeat the process a few times if there are visible results.
- Do not try harsh chemicals, as they might do more harm than good. If your carpet fabric is natural or made of sensitive material, it is advisable not to use any DIY chemicals at all. Instead, take the help of professionals to handle the situation.
To clean stains of red wine from the carpet
- Blot up the spilt wine using tissues or paper towels.
- Switch to a clean cloth, dip it in water, and try to dab off the wine from the carpet. Make sure not to rub the carpet, and friction can do more harm than good.
- Use a stain removal product that is available at home. If the stain persists, it’s better to consult a professional like domestic cleaning services in London, to handle it.
Alternatively, you can also use white wine and sodium bicarbonate trick to get rid of the wine stain.
- Add some white wine over the red wine spilt area on the carpet. White wine will dilute the red one.
- Blot the liquids using a paper towel.
- Pour some sodium bicarbonate into the area and let it stand overnight.
- Vacuum the area the next day. This should help in removing the stain. If the stain persists, you might need professional help.
Professional cleaning services in London are widely available, which makes it difficult to choose the best one for your home. Mary’s Cleaning Services are the most reliable domestic cleaning services London has to offer. This includes deep cleaning, carpet and floor cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and many more.